Stirfrys are one of my favourite meals to make because they are so quick and easy to put together! They are the ultimate “I’ve just got home from the gym, can barely move my arms let alone cook dinner” meal, because you can throw it all together with minimal effort and cleanup. This recipe uses prawns and a delicious lemon sauce, you can add any veggies in you like but I decided to keep it simple to let the flavours speak for themselves.
500g raw prawns, peeled, deveined
Half a head of broccoli, chopped into pieces or alternatively use a bunch of broccolini
200g snow peas, chopped in half
3 tbs coconut oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp minced ginger
¾ cup low-sodium chicken stock
1 tbs honey
1 tbs soy sauce
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
Salt & pepper
- To make the sauce, whisk together chicken stock, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan heat 1 and a half tbs coconut oil and add the prawns. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook until just turned pink, but slightly undercooked. It is important not to cook them too much yet because you will be adding them back to the vegetables later. Pull prawns out and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the same frying pan and add broccoli and snow peas, cooking until tender-crisp and bright green. About 2-3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic, cooking for an extra 30 seconds.
- Pour in the sauce mixture to the same pan. Add the prawns back in. Simmer for about a minute, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with quinoa, brown rice or noodles.