These chicken skewers are the perfect BBQ food! They are so tasty and fill you up thanks to the protein from the chicken and the fibre from the veggies. If you don't have a BBQ you can cook them on a char grill pan on your stovetop.
Allow marinating time of 2-3 hours.
200g plain yoghurt
½ tsp lemon zest
½ lemon, juiced
2 tsp dried oregano
¼ tsp dried rosemary
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
450g chicken breast, cut into 4cm cubes
2 medium zucchini, cut into 1.5cm thick rounds,
1 small yellow capsicum, cut into 3.5cm pieces
1 small red capsicum, cut into 3.5cm pieces
1 small green capsicum, cut into 3.5cm pieces
1 large onion, cut into wedges
500g Greek yoghurt
1 lebanese cucumber, seeded and grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl combine the yoghurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and transfer to a large, shallow baking dish.
- Place the cubed chicken into the dish and turn to coat. Ensure that all pieces of chicken are coated in the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator. Leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for about half hour. This will help stop the skewers from burning.
- In a bowl, toss the vegetables with a little oil to lightly coat.
- Thread the chicken and the vegetables onto the skewers, alternating ingredients as you go.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to a high heat.
- Grill the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through.
- To make the tzatziki: add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve the skewers with tzatziki and your favourite salad.
Love, Kayla xx