This Is a Flat Ab Secret!
You can crunch until there is no tomorrow, but that is not enough to get your torso toned! This is because with crunches, you are only really using one core muscle and even then you're only using a portion of it (rectus abdominus).
By focusing on just one exercise, like crunches, you will not see the same level of success you would if you incorporate multiple moves, working on multiple angles. By utilising all the muscles that create your core, such as obliques and transverse abdominus, you can get more toned, flatter abs even faster.
Below I have a 4 ab exercise circuit that target multiple areas to help you get your stomach FLAT! It's my number one belly blaster!!! Give it a try, and let me know what you think afterwards in the comments section below and make sure you do this with your friends.
Flat ab workout
Repeat the exercises below, in the listed order for the set amount of reps. Keep repeating these exercises for 7 minutes straight. See if you can get two laps done in 7 minutes. Have a quick rest and repeat once more for another 7 minutes. 7 + 7 = 14 minutes and a happier, sweatier you!
Full Sit Ups (20 reps)
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and heels firmly planted on the floor.
- Engage your ab muscles by pulling your belly button to the ground. Slowly lift your head, followed by your shoulder blades and torso, continuing to roll up until your chest is close to your thighs. (like above)
- Slowly lower your torso down, and roll back into the starting position.
Repeat this 20 times.
Weighted Bent Leg Jackknifes (15 reps)
- Start by lying straight on your back, holding a weight above your head with both hands. Ensure that your elbows remain tucked in.
- Engage your ab muscles by drawing your belly button to the ground.
- Keeping your feet together, contract your ab muscles, and bend your knees in towards your chest.
- At the same time, bring the weight up towards your knees, slowly lifting your head, shoulder blades, and torso off of the floor.
- Squeeze your abs in tightly, then slowly release the weight and your legs outwards, lying back down with your legs straight out in front of you. Keep your abs engaged the whole time.
Repeat this 15 times.
Ab Bikes (40 reps, 20 on each side)
- Start by lying flat on your back with your head raised, and your hands behind your ears.
- Bend both knees so that they are 90 degrees to your hips.
- Extend your RIGHT leg so that it is approximately 45 degrees from the floor, while also bringing your LEFT knee towards your chest.
- Immediately after you have brought your LEFT knee into your chest, extend your LEFT leg completely so that it is 45 degrees from the floor and bring your RIGHT knee into your chest simultaneously.
- This creates a pedaling motion.
- Once you have grasped the movement, incorporate a twist with the upper body, which can be achieved by meeting the knee with the opposite elbow. For example, as you bring the RIGHT knee into your chest, twist your upper body over to the right so it can meet your LEFT elbow.
Repeat this 20 times on each side.
Toe Touches (20 reps)
- Begin by lying flat on your back with your arms extended behind your head and legs straight up, at 90 degrees with your hips.
- Engage your ab muscles by drawing your belly button towards the ground.
- Bring your hands up towards your feet, slowly lifting your head, shoulder blades, and torso off of the floor, reaching your hands towards your toes. (Try to touch them if you can!)
- Squeeze in tightly before extending your torso, lying back down with your arms above your head.
Repeat this 20 times.
Workout Wrap Up
So how was it?! Your abs should be burning pretty good right now! Let me know what you thoughts are below in the comments section! Tag and share this with your friends!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.