Managing your time is SO important. Whether you are in high school, university or working a full time job - managing your tasks and time should be your first priority! Not only will it help you to have a balanced and stress-free day but it can also improve your quality of work. Here's some tips to help you get started!
- Create a daily to-do list. Plan your day in advance. Do it in the morning or even better, the night before! Planning gives you a good overview of how the day should look. Number your tasks from 1-10. Number 1 being your first priority to complete. That way, you aren't going to forget anything important.
- Set yourself a time limit for each task. Give yourself a specific time to work on a task. This prevents you from working too long on a particular task, leaving no time to work on the rest of them!
- Aim to be early. If something you are working on is due Tuesday morning, set your due date as Monday morning. This allows you a little extra time to fix things up if you need to, plus it always looks good handing in work early.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff! You’ll never get everything done in exactly the way you want. Do the best you can and move on to your next task.
- Focus! Multi-tasking is a great skill. As long as you are able to complete all the tasks properly. If you can't, just focus on ONE task at a time. Close off all the applications you aren’t using on your computer. Close off the tabs that are taking away your attention. Put your phone away and focus completely on what you’re doing.
I hope these tips help, girls! Remember - fail to prepare, prepare to fail.