This omelette is one of my favourite breakfasts, it is super easy and quick to prepare, making it perfect for those mornings when you are in a rush!
3 egg whites
45g cooked broccoli, chopped (1/2 cup)
¼ medium red capsicum, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
1-2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
40g parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray. Add the capsicum and broccoli and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes or until the veggies soften. Set aside and wipe the pan clean to use again.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until foamy and doubled in volume; season with salt and pepper and whisk in the parsley.
- Heat the non-stick frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray, if needed. Pour the whites into the frying pan and swirl around to cover the base of the pan.
- Cook without stirring, for about 2 minutes or until the whites are almost set. Spread the cooked broccoli and capsicum evenly over half the omelette, sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the base is golden.
- Carefully fold the omelette over, slide onto a plate and enjoy!