I love making healthy fritter recipes because they are SO versatile! You can use them as burger patties, serve them for brunch or dinner and they also make the perfect leftovers to reheat. This particular recipe uses quinoa, pumpkin, chickpeas and spinach so it is a perfect source of protein and nutrients.
- 30g quinoa
- 125ml water
- 1 ½ cups cooked pumpkin
- 150g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves, finely sliced
- 20g pine nuts
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Chilli powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- To cook the quinoa: place the quinoa and water in a saucepan over a high heat. Cover with a lid. Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Drain off excess liquid and set aside to cool.
- Place the cooked pumpkin, chickpeas and eggs in a medium bowl and mash until a chunky consistency is formed.
- Add the cooked quinoa, garlic, baby spinach, pine nuts, paprika, chilli powder and salt and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into eight small patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Remove the patties from the refrigerator and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Serve the patties in a wrap or on top of a salad. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx