This dish is inspired by middle eastern flavours and it is SO delicious! If you are looking for a new side to serve up at dinner time this is the one! The grilled eggplant is full of flavour - you will love it!
2 medium eggplants, sliced lengthways into 2cm slices
1 tsp rock salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
100g low-fat plain yoghurt
Fresh coriander, to taste
Lemon juice, to taste
½ garlic clove, crushed
Salt, to taste
20g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Sprinkle the eggplant slices with rock salt and place in a colander set over a bowl. Allow to stand for 60 minutes before discarding the liquid.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat.
- Season the eggplant with pepper and lightly spray both sides with cooking spray.
- Place the eggplant slices on the chargrill pan, and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and grill marks form. Once cooked through, remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the yoghurt sauce, place the yoghurt, 1 tbsp coriander, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and hit the back of the fruit with a wooden spoon over a large bowl.
- To serve, top the grilled eggplant with the yoghurt sauce, fresh coriander, walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx