Store bought granola bars can be full of sugar and nasty additives, so why not make your own! This recipe is delicious and is the perfect snack to have in your bag to munch on throughout the day.
Makes 9 Squares
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 30g walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ orange, juiced
- ½ cup natural honey
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 165°C (325°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the oats, coconut, walnuts and orange juice in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Transfer the oat mix to the prepared baking tray and toast for 10 minutes or until the mix is brown and lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, heat the honey, almond butter, vanilla extract and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously.
- Once smooth and heated through, place the honey mixture into the medium bowl. Add the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Lightly spray a square baking dish with cooking spray and pour in the granola mixture. Press on the mixture with the back of a spoon to ensure that it is spread evenly within the dish.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes if you’re after crunchier granola bars or less if you prefer them to be a little chewier! Once cooked, allow the granola mix to completely cool before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy and store remaining granola bars in an airtight container.
Love, Kayla xx