This fish taco recipe is the perfect weeknight meal! The flavours are so light and fresh, I love making these!
100g purple cabbage, shredded
100g chinese cabbage, shredded
1 medium red capsicum, sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
500g snapper fillets, cut into strips
1 tbsp sunflower oil
4 wholemeal tortillas
200g low-fat plain yoghurt
1 avocado, sliced
Fresh coriander, to serve
2 medium tomatoes
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 medium cucumber, diced
½ small red onion, diced
1 tbsp lime juice
1. Place the purple cabbage, chinese cabbage and red capsicum in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and toss to combine. Set aside.
2. To make the salsa: Quarter the tomatoes and cut out the seeds. Dice the tomato flesh and place in a small bowl. Add the garlic, cucumber, onion and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Place the chilli powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a large shallow bowl and mix well to combine. Place the fish in the mixture and turn to coat the fish pieces evenly.
4. Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Carefully flip the fish pieces over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the fish is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and flake into bite-sized pieces.
5. Warm the tortillas in a large dry fry-pan over medium-high heat for 30 seconds each side.
6. Divide the tortillas among plates. Top each tortilla with some yoghurt, followed by the cabbage salad, fish, avocado and salsa. Garnish with the fresh coriander and enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx