It can be really difficult finding an easy and delicious side dish. This recipe for Roasted Baby Carrots is AMAZING, definitely one of my favourites! It's so easy to prepare and goes well with almost any dish. Try it for yourselves - you won't be disappointed!
Did you know....
Carrots can improve your vision! They are rich in beta-carotene, which converts into Vitamin A in your liver. Vitamin A is transformed in the retina (the inner surface of your eye), to rhodopsin - which is a purple pigment our eyes need for good night-time vision.
The high level of beta-carotene also acts as an antioxidant and helps to slow down the ageing of cells in our skin. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone!
Ingredients (serves 2-4):
- Two bunches of baby carrots
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp agave or honey
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp group cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (roughly 392 fahrenheit)
- Trim the tops off the carrots. Toss them on a baking sheet with the olive oil, lime juice and zest, agave or honey, salt and spices.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, depending on their size, until the carrots are just tender and beginning to colour. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the green onions and mint before tossing together and serving.