Christmas is slowly creeping up on us, and that means another year is nearly over! Whether you celebrate this holiday or not, these healthy treats are sure to impress. Christmas is one of my favourite holidays because I love spending quality time with my family. There is nothing better than enjoying each others company around a table of great food. The best thing about each of these recipes is you can modify them to suit your own taste, so be as creative as you like!
400g Greek yoghurt
1 tbs honey
1 tbsp cranberries
1 tbs chopped pistachios
6 fresh strawberries, chopped
1 tbs dark chocolate chips
1 tsp shredded coconut
1. Mix the honey and yoghurt together until well combined. Add the cranberries and pistachios and stir again.
2. Line a baking tray with foil and pour the yoghurt mixture on top. Spread it depending on how thick you want your bark to be.
3. Sprinkle the strawberries, choc chips and shredded coconut on top and place in the freezer for 1 hour or until completely frozen.
4. Remove from freezer and use a sharp knife to break into bark pieces. It can be stored in the freezer for freshness.
Fresh Fruit Christmas Tree
1 apple, one side cut off
1 large carrot,peeled
1 kiwi, sliced
1 handful of grapes
Handful of blueberries
1. Place the apple cut side down on a large plate or tray, this will be the base of your tree. Using toothpicks attach the carrot to the top of the apple to resemble a tree shape.
2. Start attaching your fruits to the "tree" using toothpicks, you can do this in any pattern you wish, using whatever fruits you would like. You can also add small pieces of cheese to it.
3. If you have gaps in your tree use the smaller fruit like berries to fill them in. You can make a topper using rockmelon cut out with a star shaped cookie cutter.
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Handful of pistachios, crushed
1 tbs shredded coconut
3 mandarins, peeled and separated
1. Carefully melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring as you go.
2. Once the chocolate is melted dip your mandarin segments halfway into the chocolate and place on a baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and shredded coconut, place in fridge to set for half an hour.
Enjoy & Happy Holidays!
Love Kayla xx