This healthy recipe is full of delicious flavours that can be altered to suit your personal taste buds! Mushrooms have huge health benefits. They are rich in Vitamin B and contain minerals such as potassium and iron. Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy to make and you can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner- just swap out your toppings!
4-6 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup fetta
60g diced tomatoes
1 cup chopped pumpkin (small pieces)
2 tablespoons of chopped basil
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange pumpkin in tray and place in oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Brush both sides of mushroom with olive oil.
- Combine the quinoa, fetta, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, oregano, parsley, basil, egg and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Share the mixture between the mushroom openings, pilling the mixture in the middle
- Bake the mushrooms for 30 minutes.
- Serve with extra diced tomatoes, basil and olive oil and enjoy!