Banana Bread is one of my all time favourite treats! I especially love getting creative with it and adding in a variety of ingredients to achieve different flavours!
The key ingredients of this healthy recipe are great sources of energy and fibre. Coconut Flour is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour and is high in fibre, making you feel fuller for longer. Bananas are a great source of energy and packed with essential minerals such as potassium.
3 large bananas roughly mashed
⅓ cup of blueberries
1 tbs pure maple syrup
¼ cup of coconut oil
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of vanilla extract
½ cup of coconut flour
¼ cup of flaxseed
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees (340f).
- Place banana, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, flaxseed and baking powder into a bowl and use a hand mixer to combine.
- Add Coconut Flour and Blueberries and mix through with a spoon.
- Lightly grease (using coconut oil) and line the base and sides of a loaf tin and pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until firm.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh blueberries and enjoy!