This protein packed salad with mediterranean flavours makes the perfect lunch or dinner meal! It is such a simple healthy recipe that you can prepare in no time. Feel free to replace or add in other vegetables to suit your taste buds.
2 cups of water
1 cup of Quinoa rinsed and drained
½ cup low fat feta cheese
1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
100g rocket leaves
1 small red onion, sliced in thin rounds
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
2 tbs olive oil
¼ cup chopped almonds
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Pour water and quinoa into saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Let the quinoa simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Place into a bowl and and set aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, rocket leaves, parsley, red onion, chopped almonds and feta in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper on top and stir through.
- Add the quinoa and toss all together.
- Serve immediately or chill in fridge.