Healthy 4th July Recipes
Healthy 4th July Recipes
Having just come back from a trip to the States, there were so many people getting prepared for their 4th of July parties! So I thought I would whip up a few easy recipes you can create for the occasion! Even if you don't celebrate 4th of July I am sure you can find any excuse to make these delicious recipes - especially the brownies ;)
Say hello to your new favourite brownie recipe! With no refined sugar or white flour, these are a treat you won't feel so guilty about. They are sure to be a crowd pleaser no matter what you are doing for 4th July!
Refined Sugar-Free Brownies
1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 cup pitted medjool dates (about 10 dates)
⅓ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
¾ cup natural yoghurt
¼ cup low fat milk
1 ripe banana, roughly mashed
1 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
½ cup coconut oil
2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or honey)
½ tsp vanilla extract
⅓ cup shredded coconut, to sprinkle (⅓ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Grease a 20cm x 20cm baking dish and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats, dates, cacao powder until they resemble the texture of coarse sand.
- Add the yoghurt, milk, banana and egg and blend until a thick and smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth over with a spatula. Ensure batter is evenly distributed in the dish.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean and allow to cool in the dish.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the chocolate frosting in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Once cooled, turn the brownie out onto a clean board or plate and ice with chocolate frosting. Sprinkle with shredded coconut or sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to harden the frosting and cut into 9 large pieces before serving.
These easy parfaits are sure to be a crowd pleaser. The best bit is they take NO time at all to assemble, leaving you more time to enjoy yourself! It is completely up to you with what you serve these in, but I find glass mason jars give them a nice touch!
Easy Yogurt Parfaits
Plain Greek yoghurt
Layer your berries, yoghurt, honey and granola one by one in mason jars or small bowls. You can refrigerate them for a few hours to let the flavours soak in together.
This is a delicious punch recipe that all of your guests will love! Using a star shaped cookie cutter to cut the fruit adds a cute touch.
Sparkling 4th July Sangria (Alcohol Free)
3 cups sparkling water
4 cups cranberry juice
1 cup orange juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1 punnet strawberries, cut in half
1 punnet blueberries
1 apple, cut into star shapes using a small cookie cutter
1 pineapple, cut into star shapes using a small cookie cutter
1 cup of ice
1 lemon, juiced
1. In a large jug or punch bowl combine all ingredients except the sparkling water and ice. Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavours soak in.
2. Just before serving stir in the sparkling water and ice.
I hope you enjoyed these recipes and you have a happy and safe 4th of July!!
Love, Kayla xx
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.