These 'muffins' are easy to make in advance and are perfect for those mornings when you are in a rush and need a ‘grab and go’ breakfast. If we're honest, this is probably most mornings! They are SO much healthier than a regular muffin, which is usually full of refined flours and excess sugars. Make one batch at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge until needed. Microwave for about 30 seconds and enjoy!
Makes 6 large or 12 small muffins
3 medium zucchini, coarsely grated (about 3 cups)
9 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup milk or water
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C (355 F). Spray a 6 hole muffin tray with olive or coconut oil cooking spray, ensuring each hole is well coated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk beaten eggs and milk (or water) until combined.
- Add zucchini, parsley, cheese (if using), salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Pour zucchini and egg mixture evenly between muffin cups, checking that the mix is almost to the top.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until cooked through and lightly golden.
Note: These muffins are also suitable to freeze. Ensure muffins are completely cold before placing in a freezer-safe bag and squeeze any additional air. Once sealed, place in another freezer-safe bag, as this will help to prevent freezer burn, and freeze. To defrost: place covered muffin(s) in refrigerator to thaw.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, girls! It is one of my all time favourites.
Love, Kayla xx