This spinach and mushroom frittata recipe is SO delicious and healthy! If you love quiches this is a slightly healthier version that you can serve up at brunch or meal prep for your weekly lunches.
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ brown onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
8 button mushrooms (100g), sliced
150g baby spinach leaves
2 egg whites
60 ml milk
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 20cm round ovenproof quiche/flan dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Stir in the spinach and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
3. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Heat the remaining oil in the frypan over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, cook for about 5 minutes or until softened, then remove from the heat.
5. Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess moisture, add to the mushrooms and mix to combine. Spread the spinach and mushroom mix evenly over the base of the prepared dish.
6. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thoroughly combined. Add the milk, some salt and pepper and whisk again to combine. Pour egg mixture evenly over the spinach and mushroom mixture.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes or until puffed and golden and the quiche no longer jiggles. Cut into wedges and serve with a mixed green salad.