This is the perfect healthy lunch recipe! Packed with protein and fibre it will help to keep you feeling full and energised. You can make the falafels at the start of the week and even serve them with salads and hummus.
150g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
¼ brown onion
½ garlic clove
¼ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp fresh parsley
½ tbsp flour
40g Greek yoghurt yoghurt
2cm wedge cucumber, seeded and grated
Small splash of olive oil
¾ tsp lemon juice
¾ tsp dill
Small handful of lettuce leaves
½ medium cucumber, sliced
½ medium tomato, sliced
Wholemeal pita bread, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 190C; line a baking tray with baking paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
2. To make the falafels: Place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, parsley and flour with a pinch of salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until almost smooth.
3. Shape the mixture into four small patties of the same size and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the patties from the refrigerator and place on the prepared baking tray. Lightly spray the top of the falafels with cooking spray.
5. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Turn the patties over once, halfway through the cooking time.
6. To make the tzatziki: add all the ingredients to a bowl and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
7. Stuff each half of the pita with 2 falafels, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and Tzatziki. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx