Halloween is JUST around the corner, and I thought I would take a little inspo from my USA girls and create a healthy pumpkin pie you can share with your family or friends!
Serves 8 (makes a 9-inch Pie)
1 cup raw walnut halves
1 cup raw pecan nuts
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp buckwheat flour
Pumpkin Pie filling:
2 cups homemade pureed pumpkin
3 eggs + 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp maple syrup
½ cup almond or rice milk
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2. Place the walnuts and pecan nuts in a food processor and process until coarsely ground. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil and buckwheat flour and pulse until the mixture is well combined and comes together to form a crumble.
3. Place the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie pan and press the crust into the bottom and sides of the pie pan. Pierce the base of the crust with a fork, every ½ inch or so to prevent the crust from rising up as it cooks.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is just starting to brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
5. While the crust is baking prepare the pie filling. Add all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and smooth the filling out evenly with a spatula. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the filling has set and the crust is nicely browned.
7. Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
Hope you enjoy this one girls!
Love, Kayla xx