These healthy baked eggs are one of my favourite breakfasts! They are super easy to make at home, everyone will love them.
Serves 2 (Using 5-inch diameter ovenproof ramekins/dishes)
1 tbsp olive oil
½ medium brown onion
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp chilli flakes
2 cups fresh baby spinach
200g canned crushed tomatoes
150g canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 large eggs
2 spring onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 205C/400F and lightly grease two ovenproof dishes with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, until fragrant and the onion is soft but not coloured.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the leaves have just wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Place the crushed tomatoes and cannellini beans into a medium bowl and mix to combine. Add the onion and spinach mixture, some salt and pepper, to taste and stir to combine.
- Divide the mix among the two prepared ovenproof dishes. Using the back of a large spoon make a small dent in the middle of the sauce, then crack in an egg.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onions, serve and enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx