These healthy chia seed cookies are so delicious and the best bit is they contain no artificial sugars or preservatives. Chia seeds are a great form of protein and may help to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
¼ cup apple sauce
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup whole-wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 bananas, mashed
1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the apple sauce and the chia seeds in a large bowl and leave for about 30 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the oats, whole-wheat flour and baking powder.
4. Add the mashed banana, maple syrup and coconut oil to the chia seed mixture; then add the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
5. Place spoonfuls of the cookie mixture onto the prepared baking tray and flatten slightly.
6. Bake the cookies for about 15-20 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned and firm to the touch.
7. Leave to cool and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx