This healthy homemade jam is SO delicious! You would be surprised at how much refined sugar can be found in many store bought jellies and jams, making it super unhealthy for you. You can use this jam to flavour plain yoghurts, top pancakes with, spread on sandwiches and in baking recipes!
This makes approximately 2 cups worth of jam.
3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
2 tbsp warm water
320g fresh raspberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
Honey, to taste
- Soak the dates in the water for approximately 10 minutes so they soften a little.
- Place the dates and water into a blender and blend until the dates have broken up.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the blender and pulse to desired texture (either a little chunky or smooth).
- Taste the jam and add a little honey if you prefer a sweeter jam.
- Transfer the mixture into a clean glass jar that has a lid and leave to set in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Love, Kayla xx