This recipe is one of my favourite meals to make for dinner, it is so hearty and delicious! Next time you are cooking for your family and friends you need to give this one a try.
This makes 2 serves.
8 jumbo pasta shells
1 cup (packed) of baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
170g ricotta cheese
1 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
½ tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
200g canned crushed tomatoes
½ garlic clove, crushed
¼ small brown onion, finely diced
½ tsp olive oil
¼ tsp mixed herbs
Salt, to taste
Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (see the pasta packet for recommended cooking time). Drain well and set aside.
3. To make the tomato sauce: heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the crushed tomatoes and mixed herbs, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook for 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired and set aside.
4. Place the spinach, ricotta, parmesan cheese, egg, basil leaves, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
5. Pour half of the tomato sauce into a medium baking dish and spread evenly over the base. Stuff the cooked shells with the spinach and ricotta mixture and place in the baking dish. Cover the shells with the remaining tomato sauce.
6. Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the top begins to brown.
7. Serve the stuffed pasta shells with a fresh green salad. Enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx