I absolutely love asian food and laksa is one of my faves! This dish is so easy to put together, yet has so much flavour - you will love it!
This makes one serve.
60g vermicelli rice noodles
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp prepared laksa paste
¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
250ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
60ml fat-reduced coconut milk
5 green prawns, peeled, leaving tails on and deveined
¼ medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
60g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
Lime juice, to taste
1 small handful of bean shoots
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
Lime wedges, to serve
1. To cook the vermicelli noodles: place the vermicelli noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes then loosen noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened, stirring constantly.
3. Add the stock and coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add the prawns, capsicum and snow peas and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through. Just before serving add some lime juice, to taste.
5. Place the vermicelli in a serving bowl and ladle over the prawn and vegetable laksa soup. Top with the bean shoots, coriander and mint.
Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
Love, Kayla xx