This Almond-Crusted Chicken Breast recipe will have your mouth watering as you peer through the oven. Luckily it’ll be ready to devour in only half an hour! :)
Ingredients (makes 2 serves):
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp cornflour
2 large eggs
50g flaked almonds, roughly chopped
30g Panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
Lime & Yoghurt Dressing:
200g low-fat plain yoghurt
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. To make the dressing, whisk the yoghurt, lime juice and zest, mint, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Cover with plastic film and refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Place the cornflour on a flat plate. Crack the eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk until well combined. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the almonds, breadcrumbs and Cajun seasoning.
4. Lightly coat the chicken in the flour. Shake off any excess and then dip into the beaten egg. Coat the chicken in the almond breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to ensure that it is evenly coated.
5. Place the coated chicken on the lined baking tray and spray lightly with oil spray. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. To serve, place the chicken on a serving plate with your favourite green salad and the lime and yoghurt dressing on the side.
Love, Kayla xx