You will want to get your fork into this Baked Sweet Potato! Stuffing and baking, is seriously one of the best ways to eat a potato! Try it yourself and YOU be the judge :)
Ingredients (serves 3):
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 tsp olive oil
½ small brown onion, diced
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ medium yellow capsicum, diced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp chilli powder
½ tsp ground turmeric
1 medium tomato, diced
250g tinned lentils, drained and rinsed
100ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
½ lemon, juiced and zested
Salt and pepper, to taste
80g low-fat sour cream
1. Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. Spray the sweet potato with oil spray and place on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the potatoes are soft and cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the capsicum has softened, stirring often.
5. Add the cumin, coriander, chilli powder and turmeric and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, lentils, stock, lemon juice and zest and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
6. Slice the sweet potatoes in half and fill with the lentil mixture. Top with a dollop of sour cream and serve with a fresh green salad on the side.