If you’re a fan of carrot cake, then you will love these bite size, delicious carrot cake cookie treats :)
Ingredients (makes ~15 cookies):
100g (1 cup) rolled oats
75g (¾ cup) almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large carrot, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the oats, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
3. In another bowl mix the olive oil, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until well combined. Stir in the grated carrot.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
5. Place heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared tray, leaving room for the cookies to spread while cooking. Flatten slightly with the back of the spoon.
6. Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until firm to touch and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.