Tiramisu is my all time favourite dessert, EVER! Try this strawberry version which is perfect for all my Italian girls who are currently enjoying summer!
Ingredients (serves 4):
200g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tsp coconut sugar
60ml low-fat milk
8 Savoiardi (ladyfinger) biscuits
170g greek yoghurt
250g low-fat smooth ricotta cheese
1 tbsp honey
Fresh mint leaves, to garnish
1. Place the strawberries, lemon juice and sugar in a bowl and leave to macerate at room temperature for about 1 hour. Strain and reserve the juice.
2. Place the yoghurt, ricotta, honey and lemon zest in a medium bowl and mix well to combine.
3. Place the reserved strawberry juice and milk in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Dip the biscuits in the strawberry milk mixture just long enough to coat and absorb a little liquid.
4. Using four individual glasses, crumble one biscuit in the bottom of each glass. Add a layer of the yoghurt mixture and a layer of the strawberries. Crumble one biscuit for the next layer and continue with another layer of the yoghurt mixture and strawberries.
5. Place the glasses in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or overnight. Serve the Strawberry Tiramisu garnished with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you could dust the tiramisu with some cacao powder if desired :)
Love, Kayla xx