If you have always wanted to try making a raw cheesecake then this is the perfect recipe! Sweet and delicious, it's perfect for any special occasion.
Makes 12 serves
½ cup (45g) desiccated coconut
10 medjool dates, pitted
½ cup (70g) raw almonds (walnuts or pecan nuts will work too)
1 tbsp cacao powder
2 cups (280g) raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours in hot water (4 hours in the fridge or overnight)
½ cup (125ml) coconut oil
½ cup (150g) honey
200g coconut yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup (140g) raspberries (thaw completely if using frozen)
Freeze-dried or fresh raspberries
1. Line the base of a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
2. Blend all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until well combined. Press firmly into the prepared cake tin ensuring that the base is even and level. Place the tin in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
3. Warm the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan over low heat until liquid. Whisk well to combine.
4. Drain and rinse the cashew nuts. Place in a food processor with the coconut oil, honey, yoghurt, vanilla extract and lemon juice. Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
5. Spread half of the filling over the base and smooth with a spatula.
6. Add the raspberries to the remaining cheesecake filling and blend on high until smooth. Carefully spread over the first layer of filling and smooth with a spatula. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or overnight.
7. To serve, remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving. Run a sharp knife around the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it before removing from the tin, then run the knife under hot water and cut the cheesecake into slices.
8. Serve garnished with freeze-dried or fresh raspberries.
*Leftovers can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Love, Kayla xx