Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
I love making stuffed capsicums! It's such a bright and tasty way to serve one of my favourite veggies and the recipe is really easy to adjust to suit your personal preferences. This recipe serves four people so next time you have friends over for dinner, try this!
You can also make a version of these for Halloween! My Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Capsicum Recipe is super cute, and super healthy!
Healthy Stuffed Capsicum Recipe
Makes 4 serves
- ⅔ cup (110g) quinoa, uncooked
- 350ml chicken stock, salt-reduced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 250g chicken mince (or 1 cup (150g) cubed, cooked pumpkin for vegetarian option)
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed, grated
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 75g low-fat, salt-reduced feta cheese
- 4 large capsicums, halved lengthways, seeded
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 340°F) and line an ovenproof baking dish with baking paper.
2. Rinse the quinoa well under cold running water until the water runs clear. Bring the quinoa and the chicken stock to the boil in a small saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10–12 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Set aside to cool.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cumin and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring frequently.
4. Add the chicken mince and cook for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon to break the mince up. Add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Place the chicken mixture, quinoa, pinenuts, parsley, tomato and feta in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and mix until well combined.
6. Spoon the chicken and quinoa mixture into the capsicum halves and place in the lined baking dish. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until the capsicums are tender and the filling is hot.
So there you have it! A delcious easy stuffed capsicum recipe that can even be used as part of your meal prep routine.
Love, Kayla xx
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.