If you're pressed for time, these Sweet Corn, Zucchini and Ricotta Fritters are quick to make, healthy and simply delicious! They're also an ideal meal for breakfast, work lunches and even picnics :)
Ingredients (makes 12 fritters):
125ml (½ cup) low fat milk
3 large eggs
50g (½ cup) chickpea flour or brown rice flour
300g (2 cups) corn kernels
2 medium zucchinis, coarsely grated and squeezed of extra moisture
1 garlic clove, crushed
125g (½ cup) fresh reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Whisk the milk and eggs together in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the flour until well combined and smooth.
3. Add the corn kernels, zucchini, garlic, ricotta and parsley and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat and spray lightly with cooking spray. Spoon a ladleful of the fritter mixture into the fry pan in batches. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer to the prepared baking tray and keep warm in the oven.
5. Reheat and lightly spray the fry pan between batches. Cook the remaining fritter mixture to make 12 fritters in total. Serve and enjoy!
Fritters can be enjoyed warm or cold with a spicy tomato salsa and salad.
Love, Kayla xx