Healthy Baked Mushroom Stuffed With Quinoa Recipe
This healthy recipe is full of delicious flavours that can be altered to suit your personal taste buds! Mushrooms have huge health benefits. They are rich in Vitamin B and contain minerals such as potassium and iron. Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy to make and you can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner- just swap out your toppings!
Healthy Baked Mushroom Stuffed with Quinoa Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 70 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Nut-free
- 4-6 large field mushrooms, stalks removed
- olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup fetta
- 60g diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin (small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- sea salt and ground black pepper
Method for Cooking Pumpkin:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange pumpkin in tray and place in oven to roast for 30 minutes.
Method for Cooking Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Brush both sides of mushroom with olive oil.
- Combine the quinoa, fetta, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, oregano, parsley, basil, egg and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Share the mixture between the mushroom openings, pilling the mixture in the middle
- Bake the mushrooms for 30 minutes.
- Serve with extra diced tomatoes, basil and olive oil and enjoy!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.