Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
This protein-packed salad with Mediterranean flavours makes the perfect lunch or dinner meal! It is such a simple healthy recipe that you can prepare in no time. Feel free to replace or add in other vegetables to suit your taste buds.
Healthy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Gluten-free
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup low-fat feta cheese
- 1 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Pour water and quinoa into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Let the quinoa simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through. Place into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, rocket leaves, parsley, red onion, chopped almonds and feta in a bowl. Squeeze the lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper on top and stir through.
- Add the quinoa and toss all together.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge.
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.