Quick Cauliflower Base Pizza Recipe
This is one of my favourite healthy recipes because it is SO delicious and a great healthier version of many people's favourite food - pizza! Change up the toppings to whatever tickles your fancy, I love making this for all of my family and friends.
Quick Cauliflower Base Pizza
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 60 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
For the cauliflower pizza base:
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10g pine nuts (1 tbsp)
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp tomato passata
- ½ medium zucchini, finely sliced in rounds
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed
- fresh herbs; oregano, basil: picked leaves, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place the chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled cauliflower, egg, oregano, garlic, cheese salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Place the mixture onto the prepared tray and pat into a round shape that is approximately 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Meanwhile, heat non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray and add the asparagus spears. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until asparagus is browned and tender. Set aside.
- To make the basil pesto, blend the pine nuts, basil leaves and oil together to make a paste. Add a small amount of water to achieve a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Top base with tomato passata, spread evenly over base. Place thinly sliced zucchini over sauce. Top with cooked asparagus.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until zucchini has softened and asparagus has warmed through.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle pizza with basil pesto, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.