Quick Cauliflower Base Pizza Recipe
This is one of my favourite healthy recipes because it is SO delicious and a great healthier version of many people's favourite food - pizza! Change up the toppings to whatever tickles your fancy, I love making this for all of my family and friends.
Quick Cauliflower Base Pizza
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 60 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian
For the cauliflower pizza base:
- ½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10g pine nuts (1 tbsp)
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp tomato passata
- ½ medium zucchini, finely sliced in rounds
- 6 spears asparagus, trimmed
- fresh herbs; oregano, basil: picked leaves, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place the chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled cauliflower, egg, oregano, garlic, cheese salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Place the mixture onto the prepared tray and pat into a round shape that is approximately 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Meanwhile, heat non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray and add the asparagus spears. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until asparagus is browned and tender. Set aside.
- To make the basil pesto, blend the pine nuts, basil leaves and oil together to make a paste. Add a small amount of water to achieve a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Top base with tomato passata, spread evenly over base. Place thinly sliced zucchini over sauce. Top with cooked asparagus.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until zucchini has softened and asparagus has warmed through.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle pizza with basil pesto, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.