Prawn Laksa Recipe
I absolutely love Asian food and laksa is one of my faves! This dish is so easy to put together, yet has so much flavour - you will love it!
Prawn Laksa Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Dietary preferences: Pescatarian
- 60g vermicelli rice noodles
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp prepared laksa paste
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 250ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 60ml fat-reduced coconut milk
- 5 green prawns, peeled, leaving tails on and deveined
- ¼ medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 60g snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- Lime juice, to taste
- 1 small handful of bean shoots
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
1. To cook the vermicelli noodles: place the vermicelli noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 10 minutes then loosen noodles with a fork. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until softened, stirring constantly.
3. Add the stock and coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add the prawns, capsicum and snow peas and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through. Just before serving add some lime juice, to taste.
5. Place the vermicelli in a serving bowl and ladle over the prawn and vegetable laksa soup. Top with the bean shoots, coriander and mint.
Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.