Falafel Balls with Yoghurt Dip Recipe
This classic Mediterranean recipe ticks all the boxes for the warmer months! Dip the falafel balls in fresh Greek yoghurt mixed with some spices to make it the perfect snack for a girls night or BBQ! :)
How to Make Falafel Balls
Prep time: 10 mins + 30 mins refrigeration time
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins + 30 mins refrigeration time
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Nut-free
- 250g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 small handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Yoghurt Dipping Sauce
- 100g plain low-fat yoghurt
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- lemon juice, to taste
- pinch of paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, flour, salt and pepper in a food processor. Blend until well combined. Transfer the falafel mixture into a large bowl. Shape the mixture into 6 falafel balls and flatten slightly between your hands. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the yoghurt, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Heat the oil in a large non-stick fry pan over medium heat. Cook the falafels for 4-5 minutes each side or until cooked through and golden in colour.
4. Serve the falafel balls with the yoghurt dip, a fresh green salad and some pita bread.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.