Lime and Coconut Vegan Cheesecakes Recipe
Did you read the recipe title, Lime And Coconut Vegan Cheesecakes, and think “That doesn’t make sense”? 😆 You’ll be happy to know this recipe uses vegan-friendly ingredients!
To make these delicious creamy vegan mini cheesecakes, you use silken tofu. As I mentioned in my blog on tofu varieties, silken tofu has a lovely texture and is deliciously creamy. Perfect for desserts like this one!
Even if you don't follow a vegan diet, I'm sure you will love that these are dairy free and made without refined sugars. That means those with sensitivities to dairy can still enjoy this delicious dessert.
Trust me, these mini cheesecakes passed the taste-test from some very harsh critics! That means I am quietly confident you guys will love them all too.
Lime And Coconut Vegan Cheesecakes
These adorable mini cheesecakes are surprisingly easy to make and they are a great treat for after dinner. They can be kept in the fridge after being made — if they last more than one day!
Total time: 20 mins + 2-3 hours chilling time
Serves: Makes 10 mini cheesecakes
Dietary preferences: Dairy-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 45g sunflower seeds
- 40g pumpkin seeds
- 45g walnuts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 600g silken tofu, drained
- 3 limes, juiced
- zest of 1 lime, plus extra to garnish
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
1. Place 10 cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. To make the base, place the dates, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and coconut oil in a food processor and process until crumbly. The mixture should stick together when pressed. If it is too dry, add up to 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil until the mixture sticks together.
3. Press the base mixture evenly into the bottom of the lined muffin cups. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, place the tofu, lime juice, lime zest, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a food processor and process until smooth. While the processor is running, slowly pour in the coconut oil. This will help to thicken up the filling mixture.
5. Pour the filling mixture evenly over the bases and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle over extra lime zest.
6. Place the muffin tin in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or ideally overnight, for the best result. The cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.