Summer Salmon Rice Salad Recipe
Be prepared for Ferragosto celebrations with this delicious fresh and simple salmon rice salad recipe! The salad is perfect for a hot day and there is definitely a hint of traditional Italian flavours here. Perfect for a picnic, and for enjoying with family or friends, I am sure you’ll love this Summer Salmon Rice Salad!
Summer Salmon Rice Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves: 4 side serves
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Pescetarian
- 150g brown rice
- 170g salmon fillet
- 80g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 medium cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small handful basil leaves, chopped
- 1 large handful spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 small handful Italian parsley, chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
1. To cook the rice, bring the rice and 500ml water to the boil in a small saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20–25 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. To save time, the rice can be cooked the night before and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. Heat a medium non-stick fry pan over medium heat and drizzle with oil. Add the salmon and cook for 5-6 minutes or until cooked to your liking, turning occasionally. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest for 2 minutes. Flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces using two forks and set aside.
3. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute. Refresh in iced water, drain and set aside.
4. To make the lemon dressing, whisk the oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest together in a small bowl.
5. Place the rice, peas, cucumber, spring onions, spinach and parsley in a mixing bowl. Drizzle over the dressing, season with salt and pepper, if desired and toss gently to combine. Add the salmon and toss gently to combine.
6. To serve, place the rice salad on a serving plate and enjoy!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.