This is one of my favourite healthy recipes because it is SO delicious and a great healthier version of many people's favourite food - pizza! Change up the toppings to whatever tickles your fancy, I love making this for all of my family and friends.
Makes 1 Personal Pizza
For the cauliflower pizza base:
½ head of cauliflower, cut into florets
½ tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup basil leaves
2 tsp olive oil
10g pine nuts (1 tbsp)
For the topping:
2 tbsp tomato passata
½ medium zucchini, finely sliced in rounds
6 spears asparagus, trimmed
Fresh herbs; oregano, basil: picked leaves, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220C (200C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Place the chopped cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with cling film. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooled cauliflower, egg, oregano, garlic, cheese salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Place the mixture onto the prepared tray and pat into a round shape that is approximately 1cm thick.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Meanwhile, heat non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Spray the pan with cooking spray and add the asparagus spears. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until asparagus is browned and tender. Set aside.
- To make the basil pesto; blend the pine nuts, basil leaves and oil together to make a paste. Add a small amount of water to achieve a thinner consistency, if desired.
- Top base with tomato passata, spread evenly over base. Place thinly sliced zucchini over sauce. Top with cooked asparagus.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until zucchini has softened and asparagus has warmed through.
- Remove from the oven, drizzle pizza with basil pesto, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve!