This Golden Milk Recipe Is A Great Way To Wake Up
Turmeric is a really popular superfood to include in drinks or in your cooking. Turmeric-based hot drinks go by many names, like turmeric latte, golden latte or golden milk. Whatever you want to call it though, this healthy hot latte will warm you up and it offers a range of health benefits! Another added plus? By using a non-dairy milk, this recipe can be made vegan-friendly!
Golden Milk Recipe
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 10 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Dairy-free option, Nut-free, Gluten-free
- 250ml low-fat milk (or almond or coconut milk, if you prefer)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for serving
- pinch of ground black pepper
- pinch of ground ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp maple syrup, to taste (optional)
1. Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a small saucepan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat. Heat the golden milk until hot, but not boiling.
3. Transfer to a cup, top with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon and drink immediately. Enjoy!
Benefits of turmeric
Turmeric has been used as both a medicine and a spice for centuries and in the last decade has become a popular hot drink alternative because of its health benefits. Why? Turmeric contains curcumin, the main active ingredient that fights inflammation in the body. Inflammation is connected to a range of different health concerns so consuming anti-inflammatory foods can help keep your body in balance.
You can make this golden milk drink with dairy milk or any milk alternative that you prefer! If you’re trying to cut down on your coffee intake, or just feel like a warm and comforting drink in the evening, this golden milk recipe is for you!
Other anti-inflammatory drinks
If you’re interested in trying out some other drinks with healing properties, make sure you check out my easy anti-inflammatory drinks recipes.
Ladies, by looking after your body through exercise and rest, as well as making sure you include nourishing foods into your diet, you’ll be giving yourself the best opportunity for good health!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.