Prawn, Beans And Greens Salad Recipe
I love a nice fresh green salad during the summer! Here in Australia, the weather is so nice and warm (my favourite!), which means eating outdoors a lot more. Warm days and nights are perfect for light salads, just like this Prawn, Beans and Greens Salad recipe!
It’s always good to have a few recipe ideas up your sleeve so that you can still eat healthily at a barbecue, especially if you have a lot of get-togethers happening.
The great thing with this healthy salad recipe is it can be made in less than 30 minutes! I love when a recipe that looks as good as this one is ready in only half an hour. This is what I call healthy eating made easy!
Prawn, Beans And Greens Salad Recipe
The colour of this salad and the dressing really makes for an eye-catching dish once you set it on the table!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Dietary preferences: Pescetarian, Gluten-free
- 12 medium raw prawns
- oil spray
- ½ clove of garlic, crushed
- 20 green beans, trimmed
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 100g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small handful of watercress
- 1 small handful of fresh mint
- 1 small handful of rocket
Lemon turmeric dressing
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, crushed
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
2. Lightly spray a non-stick fry pan with oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns change colour and are cooked through, stirring frequently. Transfer to a plate and set aside to rest.
3. Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. When the water is boiling, place the green beans into the saucepan and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar snap peas and continue cooking for a further 1 minute. Refresh the vegetables under cool running water to halt the cooking process. Drain well and set aside.
4. To make the lemon turmeric dressing, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, ground turmeric and ginger together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
5. Place the green beans, sugar snap peas, cannellini beans, watercress, mint and rocket in a mixing bowl. Drizzle over half of the dressing and toss gently to combine.
6. To serve, place the herb salad on a serving plate. Top with the cooked prawns and drizzle over the remaining dressing. Enjoy!
This is a great recipe for entertaining and perfect for warmer weather. I think the flavour of the lemon turmeric dressing really takes this salad to a whole new level!
Just make sure if you do make this salad that you dispose of the prawn shells quickly — they can get a bit smelly if you leave them sitting around!
If you don’t like prawns or they are hard to source where you live, there are substitutes you can make. I think this salad works nicely with fresh prawns but it would be yummy with chicken or turkey as well! Another idea would be to leave out meat entirely and simply add more cannellini beans.
Enjoy this prawn and green salad
My prawn, beans, sugar snap peas and herb salad is so refreshing, I think you ladies are really going to love it. If you have a get-together coming up and want to give this recipe a try, make sure you bookmark it or save it to your Pinterest page (it’s definitely going on mine!).
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.