5 Fun Ways to Use Mango
You guys already know how much I LOVE mangoes! They are so delicious, they make a great snack and are good for us too.
Eating mangoes gives you a good dose of fibre, vitamins and minerals, all while enjoying something sweet! If you’re like me and go a bit overboard buying mango, you can use them lots of different ways. Try out these fun ideas!
Try swapping store-bought dips for a delicious salsa instead — they are super simple to make and can be so much healthier.
- Grab a couple of tomatoes, a capsicum, 2 mangoes and some fresh coriander (cilantro).
- Dice everything up and mix it together with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, then pop it in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
It can also be made a bit spicier by mixing in some finely chopped jalapeno. The combination of flavours makes this salsa very more-ish and versatile. Be sure to check out my magic mango salsa recipe too!
Not all slaws have to be covered in rich, creamy dressings. You can make your own tropical version by mixing:
- Chopped mango
- Red and green cabbage
- Carrot, and
Make a nice tangy dressing for the slaw by mixing a little lime juice and apple cider vinegar together. Pour the dressing over the slaw just before serving.
If you normally avoid chutney because you’re worried about added sugar, you’ll be happy to know there are healthy versions!
- Some diced mango
- A few leaves of freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
- A tablespoon (20g) of minced ginger
- A tablespoon (20g) of flaked coconut, and
- A dash of cayenne pepper.
Mango chutney is perfect with chicken or any grilled meat. It’s delicious added to wraps with cold fillings too!
Try out this delicious mango guacamole, it’s so good!
- Dice up some fresh pineapple, half a mango, a handful of cherry tomatoes and half a red onion.
- Mash 2 avocados and mix all the diced ingredients together.
- Add some fresh lime juice, one tablespoon (20ml) of pineapple juice and some coriander (cilantro) to finish.
You can play around with the quantities and the texture of this one, have it as chunky or as smooth as you like!
Tropical Mango Salad
Mangoes are wonderful paired with Asian-style dressings!
- Mix together 3 teaspoons (15 ml) fish sauce, 2 tablespoons (40 ml) lime juice and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) rice vinegar together for a dressing.
- Dice 1 avocado, 1 cucumber and 1 mango, then mix them all together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and give it a stir so that it coats everything. Yum!
I know my love of mangoes is no secret, and it’s so easy to see why! Try out these fun new ways to enjoy them, you won’t be disappointed!
Love, Kayla xx
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.