If you’re anything like me, grilled chicken is in high rotation on my menu. It’s so versatile, it can be added to almost any meal for extra nutrition and to help you feel fuller. With just a few ingredients, you can make chicken taste completely different!
Forget bland flavour with these simple ways to make the most of grilled chicken breasts:
Chicken breast is great to add to salads because it’s not overpowering, it can complement the selected flavours. Mixing a marinated chicken breast in with some crisp greens can pack a whole lot of flavour into a quick lunch! The options are endless when it comes to chicken salad. Definitely try out my healthy chicken quinoa salad recipe — so simple and so satisfying!
Add Flavour With Herbs
Because chicken has such a mild flavour, you can use a bunch of different herbs with it. Try adding herbs to chicken in different ways, like mixing them with olive oil and making a tasty chicken salad dressing.
My favourite chicken and herb combinations are:
- Coriander/Cilantro — Great for extra zest and garnish once your dishes are ready.
- Basil — Make a tasty sauce with basil, garlic and some lemon juice and pour over a freshly grilled chicken breast to finish.
- Oregano — Used in a lot of Italian and Greek dishes, oregano has a sweet but spicy smell that works really well in marinades.
- Tarragon — With a kind of peppery, bittersweet flavour, tarragon is used in a lot of French dishes. A little goes a long way.
- Rosemary — You might have tried rosemary with roast chicken, but it’s great combined with fresh sage and thyme while grilling too.
Sear And Add Salsa
Making a salsa is a quick and easy way to add extra flavour to a plain grilled chicken breast. They are so quick to make and you can use a whole bunch of different ingredients in them, like mangos (my favourite!), avocado or fresh tomato.
Try using mango salsa or salsa verde as a side dish with a grilled chicken breast, the fresh flavours really work well together.
There are heaps of different ways you can flavour chicken breast to make a healthy meal. It doesn’t have to just be used for sandwiches or wraps. I love grilled chicken with a fresh salsa, especially on a warm day! These suggestions can help boost the flavour of your chicken without the large amounts of salt, sugar or preservatives that can be found in most store-bought marinades.
Love, Kayla xx