Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
When it comes to cooking, this is how things usually go in my family: my sister Leah Itsines comes up with a recipe and it's delicious.
Then I get envious of her cooking, so I make it, but I try to make it better than hers. Usually I epically fail — but not this time!!
The other day she made bread that looked so amazing that I wanted to make it myself. I usually eat bread at breakfast or as an easy healthy snack during the day.
This bread recipe is too good to keep to myself — I just had to share it with the BBG Community!
Homemade bread recipe
I followed my sister’s recipe but I added more salt to mine and left out the rosemary, and guess what? It was a success!
The first time I made it, I was so proud of my creation. I love eating Mediterranean style, which means I include bread in lots of my meals.
Here’s how you can make your own!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Resting time for dough: 2-3 hours
Total time: 4 hours
Serves: makes 1 loaf
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Dairy-free
3 cups plain flour
1.5 cups warm water
1/2 tsp dried yeast
Pinch of salt flakes
Pinch of dried oregano
Extra salt to sprinkle on top
1. Mix warm water with yeast until it dissolves. Add it into the bowl with flour and salt and mix well.
2. Lightly flour a bench and knead the bread until it forms a perfect ball. Place back into the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave dough to rise for 2-3 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 220°C/430°F
4. Remove from the bowl, sprinkle herbs into the dough, then shape into a ball and place into an oven-safe pot with a lid. Sprinkle salt flakes on top and cover with lid.
5. Cook in the oven for 30 mins, remove the lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
7. Eat and enjoy!
Baking your own bread can be so satisfying!
Freshly baked bread tastes so delicious, and it seems like more people are making homemade bread right now.
With the first loaf I baked, I ate it fresh and dipped it in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. It was SO good. You can also add some amazing toast toppers if you’re feeling creative!
BBG Community, have you tried baking your own bread? Let me know how it went and what you ate it with in the comments below!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.