Three Ways To Use Avocado
I know this is not a new fact I’m sharing, but I love avocado! Breakfast, lunch or dinner, avocado is seriously one of my favourite foods. They are full of nutrients that your body loves too! Sometimes you want to try new ways to enjoy a favourite though, so I put together a couple that I’m sure you’ll love!
Guacamole plus add-ins
I love this simple guacamole recipe, but sometimes you feel like a little something extra with it! That’s where add-ins can work perfectly! There’s nothing better than playing around with an old favourite, and discovering a brand new combination you love.
These are a few ideas you can use:
- Top your ‘guac’ with crumbled feta cheese, or some goat’s cheese.
- Stir through some pomegranate seeds for a bit of tang.
- Roast some cherry tomatoes and stir them through just before serving.
- Swap the tomato in my guacamole recipe (link above) for mango.
If you love mashed potato, but choose not to have it because of the butter content, this idea will blow your mind! You simply swap the butter for some mashed avocado and stir it in with the mashed potatoes just before serving.
Banana avocado pudding
Who doesn’t love a quick dessert? This is the perfect size for one person, and you don’t need to wait ages for it to set!
Grab your blender and add:
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- ¼ avocado
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a glass or a bowl to eat. If you don’t want to eat it straight away, pop it in the refrigerator until you’re ready!
You could try this healthy avocado chocolate mousse recipe as well!
I could have written so many more ideas, the uses for avocado are endless! What’s your favourite way to eat it? Let me know in the comments.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.