Healthy Avocado Chocolate Mousse
If you are after a healthy version of a traditional Chocolate Mousse, this sweet and creamy dessert will be sure to please!
Healthy Chocolate Mousse with Avocado Recipe
Total time: 5 mins + 1 hour chilling time
Dietary preferences: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 65ml (¼ cup) almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 8 almonds, chopped, to garnish
1. Place the avocado, cacao powder, almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. This recipe will make a thicker mousse. Add another 2-3 tbsp milk for a thinner creamier mousse.
3. Spoon the mousse into serving jars and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Garnish with the chopped almonds and enjoy.
If you're after some other ways to garnish this amazing dessert, then I also recommend using sliced banana, fresh raspberries or blueberries. Delish!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.