Baked Salmon & Asparagus Recipe
I like to eat Mediterranean-style foods, so many of my favourite dishes only have a few ingredients and are simple to make.
They’re also packed with flavour!
As well as being really tasty, this dish also looks great, so it’s a great meal to make if you are having a special dinner.
Herb-Crusted Salmon and Grilled Asparagus Recipe
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Dietary preferences: Pescatarian
- 2 x 200g salmon fillets, skin off
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, crusts removed
- 1 tbs finely grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly grated zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the bread into a food processor or kitchen chopper and pulse to form rough crumbs. Add the parmesan, lemon zest, all the herbs and egg white. Season with salt and pepper then pulse until just combined.
3. Place the salmon on the baking tray, brush with 1 tbs oil and press the breadcrumb mixture on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden and fish is cooked.
4. Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in salted boiling water for 1 minute then drain. In a frying pan heat remaining oil and toss in asparagus and walnuts, cooking for a further 2 minutes.
5. Take salmon out of the oven and serve with asparagus.
Healthy food should be simple and quick to make
Making healthy meals shouldn’t be something that takes a lot of time, and your food should also be something you enjoy.
That’s why I love sharing recipes that are fast to make, healthy, and taste delicious.
Want more recipes to try? I have lots of healthy lunch ideas that pack a real punch when it comes to both nutrition and flavour — they’re SO good!
* Results may vary. Strict adherence to the nutrition and exercise guide are required for best results.