There is nothing better than a healthy hearty roast with some delicious, crisp roasted veggies! These veggies are pretty simple, but once roasted the flavours all melt together and make a mouthwatering side dish. I love serving them with proteins such as grilled chicken, steak or even on their own with some quinoa on the side. Experiment with as many veggies as you like!
This recipe serves 3-4 people
1 bunch of baby carrots, washed, tops trimmed
1 red onion, chopped into pieces
2 sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
1 large beetroot, roughly chopped (or you can use a bunch of baby beets cut in half)
1-2 parsnips, chopped
2 tbs fresh rosemary roughly chopped
2 tbs fresh thyme roughly chopped
3 tbs coconut oil (melted)
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1 tbs apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200c (392f).
- Place all vegetables in a big bowl and toss through.
- Add all the herbs, coconut oil and salt and pepper to the bowl making sure to coat all the veggies.
- Cover a baking sheet with baking paper or aluminium foil and spread veggies out in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 30 minutes then stir them around. Roast for a further 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Take out of oven and pour vinegar over veggies. Serve.