Smoked Salmon & Bean Smash Bruschetta
Here in Australia, bruschetta is really popular! Sometimes it might not be very nutritious though — especially if you order it when dining out.
So I’ve got a fabulous recipe for Smoked Salmon and Bean Smash Bruschetta to share with you all! This recipe is wholesome AND delicious, plus you can make it easily at home.
Smoked Salmon & Bean Smash Bruschetta Recipe
The smoked salmon, eggs, avocado and beans in this bruschetta smash recipe make it high in protein, as well as healthy fats — leaving you feeling satisfied and full for longer.
If you read my blogs or follow me on social media, you’ll know that I often include eggs in my meals as a source of protein! For other ways to incorporate eggs into your meals, be sure to check out my favourite egg recipes too.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Dietary preferences: Vegetarian, Nut-free
- 70g frozen broad beans
- 30g frozen peas
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ medium cucumber, diced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh dill, plus extra to garnish
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 50g soft goat’s cheese
- 1 small handful rocket leaves
- 70g smoked salmon
- olive oil, to drizzle
1. Fill a small saucepan with water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add the broad beans and cook for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle. Gently squeeze each bean out of the shell, so that you are left with the brighter green bean.
2. Refill the saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Place the broad beans, peas, avocado, lemon juice, lemon zest and chilli flakes in a food processor and pulse until a chunky paste has formed. Transfer to a bowl, add the cucumber and dill and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Place the egg in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring the water to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove the egg from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of iced water. Leave for 1 minute, then tap the egg gently to crack the shell and peel.
5. Meanwhile, toast the bread to your liking.
6. Place the toast on a serving plate, spread over the goat’s cheese. Top with the rocket, bean smash and smoked salmon. Carefully break the egg in half and place on top of the bruschetta. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Drizzle over the oil and garnish with extra dill. Enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.