This healthy slice is one of my all time favourites! You can get as creative as you like with the ingredients and it is a much healthier option compared to store bought bars filled with additives.
Makes approximately 10-12 slices.
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup oat bran
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mixed nuts (sliced almonds are my favourite!)
1 cup dried fruit (such as dried cranberries and sultanas)
1 tsp honey
1 cup milk (of your choice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp LSA mix (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and evenly smooth down the surface with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool in the pan.
- Once cool, cut into slices to serve.
Note: As another option to nuts and dried fruit; mashed banana, sliced dates and cacao nibs are another great combination that works well together.